[Qgis-user] Creating a spatial database: CRS selection

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 00:54:16 PDT 2014

Carlos -

AFAIK, the QGIS web client supports different CRS's in the same project,
because QGIS Web server (which is QGIS in its core) does. List members,
please correct me if I'm wrong.

Regarding the choice of CRS: Select the CRS, which mostly will be used
for the different end-user applications, and transform your data to this
CRS.

One caveat: If you use OGR2OGR (GDAL) to transform and load data to
MS-SQLServer, all your string based attributes will be converted to
"varchar"s. That means, that many accented characters (german, spanish,
french, danish .....) will be misrepresented in the database.

Regards
Bo Victor Thomsen
Aestas-GIS
Denmark