[Qgis-user] 'NULL' labels

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Fri Apr 25 05:10:12 PDT 2014

Hi Nick,

On Fri, 25. Apr 2014 at 03:53:17 -0700, Nick Hopton wrote:
> Much obliged Jürgen. After updating QGIS I opened a project that I'd been
> working on to find a screen full of 'NULL' labels, which worried me a
> little. The default setting must have changed, I've changed it back now.

No, it didn't.

It just wasn't considered for labels.  NULL string values were implicitly
converted to empty strings, but NULL in numeric fields to 0.  At least the
latter is wrong - IMHO the former is too, although that also might have been
considered a feature by some.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
QGIS PSC member (RM)      Germany                      IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden