[Qgis-user] Points layer from table tool truncating texts

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Wed Dec 3 01:33:52 PST 2014

Did you create the layer as a temporary one? So then its stored as an ESRI
shape and the dbf will not store more characters.
Or did you also try to save it directly into another format which supports
longer fields (errm, here I'm lost too, cause I do not know most of the
formats available, but maybe try sqlite)

Cheers
Bernd

Am 03.12.2014, 10:07 Uhr, schrieb <anderso at anlaggarna.se>:

> Hi!
>
> I'm having a problem with the "Points Layer from Table" tool.
>
> The source data contain string/text data longer than 255 characters (memo
> fields from MS Access)
>
> The fields are truncated to 255 characters in the resulting point layer
> when looking in the "attribute table window"
>
> When opening the source data layer in the "attribute table window" the
> fields are not truncated so the problem must be in the tool itself.
>
> The source layer is created using "create vector
> layer->Database->ODBC->...."
>
> Does anyone have a workaround for this?
>
> I found some tips about using the SAGA "create points from table" tool
> instead but i can't find it in QGIS?
>
> I'm using QGIS 2.6.1
>
> BR
>
> /AO