[Qgis-user] MrSID on QGIS 2.6.,1, Mac OSK 10.10.1

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Dec 9 15:15:02 PST 2014

On Dec 9, 2014, at 5:06 PM, Dave Peterson <davep at iit.edu> wrote:

> On 7 Dec 14, at 11:03 PM, William Kyngesburye <woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:
>
>> Check my site.  The GDAL framework that you should have installed also has a separately downloadable plugin for the MrSID format.
>>
>> On Dec 7, 2014, at 7:53 PM, Dave Peterson <davep at iit.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> I need to be able to display MrSID files made available by the state GIS department.  I had them running on QGIS 1.8, OSX 10.6.8, but I’m not sure what I did back then.  Have searched the Web as best I can and haven’t found any instructions for current QGIS with a current OS.  Can anyone help?
>
> Found it; I’m embarrassed.  Took several times to get everything working.  The "VERY IMPORTANT POST-INSTALL" note says:
>
> "Download for OS X 10.7, this should work on all Lion and newer systems (Mavericks is not listed, but either 10.7 or 10.8 SDK should work)"
>
> but the LizardTech website now provides downloads for OS 10.8 and 10.9 .  I couldn’t get the 10.9 version to work properly, but the 10.8 version did fine.  (Of course, that may have been something I was doing wrong with the 10.9 version.)

They probably used the default libc++ on Mavericks - a new non-gcc one.  It is incompatible with software that already uses the gcc libstdc++, like how I built the GDAL plugin.  Good to know so I can make the readme more explicit.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."

- Ford Prefect