[Qgis-user] Mosaicking aerial images

Bruce, Bob (CWS) Bob.Bruce at gov.mb.ca
Wed Dec 10 11:22:32 PST 2014

Hi Andreas,

I wrote a QGIS python plugin a number of years ago for merging overlapping imagery, it can be found at: http://www.mappinggeek.ca/QGISPythonPlugins/ under the title Image Clipper. I developed it for my day job where our map/photo sales people wanted to georeferenced and merge aerial photography for map photo bases. Our staff continue to use this plugin to merge georeferenced photography. This plugin has never been upgraded to QGIS version 2, at some point I would like to tackle that but I haven't done any python development in QGIS for a couple of years so I'm leery of that.

You might want to investigate OSSIM as I believe that it has tools for merging and colour balancing of overlapping images.

	Bob Bruce