[Qgis-user] projecting raster problem

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Sat Dec 13 06:59:30 PST 2014

Hi,
Clearly a CRS problem.
 In the CRS options make sure you have "on the fly reprojection" activated.  Then make sure the option for new layer is set to "ask" so if a new layer is does not have a CRS, it will not assume that it should use the on for the project.
One layer probably does not have the CRS specified or is not read correctly by QGIS.
To find the culprit, compare coordinate  results with google earth or use the open layer plugin.(be carefully as your project CRS will change using the plugin). You should see that one CRS  layer is projected and the other in not.  Degree are by interpreted as meters or the contrary.
Nicolas Cadieux M.Sc.
Les Entreprises Archéotec inc.
8548, rue Saint-Denis Montréal H2P 2H2
Téléphone: 514.381.5112  Fax: 514.381.4995