[Qgis-user] reload WMS raster

Jake Maier j.m at jmforestry.com
Sat Dec 13 15:33:27 PST 2014

I mostly work with WMS raster files. Each time I change anything, turning on
or off layers, editing layers etc, the WMS reloads the raster even if there
is no change in the underlying data of the raster. I have a slow connection
and it drives me crazy to wait each time I move vertices. I often use 'save
as image' and load the image, but I already have too many of those temporary
rasters and still I find myself using sections or magnification where the
rasters I copied are insufficient. Is there a trick to speed up the process
of editing the canvas without the WMS reloading?

Thanks for any help

Jake