[Qgis-user] cartogram plugin

friedtj at free.fr friedtj at free.fr
Tue Dec 30 00:39:17 PST 2014

trivial comment concerning the Cartogram Plugin:
I wanted to play with the cartogram generation plugin from QGis and found
it was not operating properly with the latest release available from the
Debian repository
deb http://qgis.org/debian-nightly jessie main

If it can be of any help to anyone attempting the same: after downloading the
git repository from https://github.com/CristianCantoro/cartogram-plugin and
putting the resulting directory in .qgis/python/plugins
1/ in metadata.txt, extend the qgisMaximumVersion=2.8
2/ after applying the correction mentioned in
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/72328/where-has-the-cartogram-plugin-for-qgis-gone/91209#91209 (namely, remove lines 58 to 60), in doCartogram.py,
lines 285
            if lfeat.dValue != NULL:
               dTotalValue += lfeat.dValue
and 305
            if dPolygonValue != NULL :
                dDesired = dPolygonValue * dFraction
allow the script to run and generate a usable result. I should emphasize that
I have no clue as to Python programming and this approach might be completely
erroneous.

JM