[Qgis-user] Reminder: Call for QGIS release name suggestions

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Wed Dec 31 08:35:43 PST 2014

Dear QGIS community,

I'd like to remind you to please send in your ideas for future release names.

CALL for QGIS RELEASE NAME SUGGESTIONS

The following rules apply:
- The suggestion should be the name of a place.
- The suggestion must not be the name of a software product. (Please
try to do some Google searches before submitting the suggestion.)
- Each suggestion must come with a suitable map image for splash
design. (Make sure that we have the rights to use the image. Since the
splash is also printed in our user guide, a minimum resolution of
3000x2000 px is necessary.)
- Locations of developer meetings have priority.

Submission format: Send an email with a short description of your
suggestion and a link to a ZIP file containing the map image(s) to
anitagraser at gmx.at

The PSC will pick the release names. The deadline for the 2.8 release
is the 1st of January 2015. If there are multiple good suggestions, we
might announce names for later releases as well.

Thanks you and happy 2015!
Anita

--
anitagraser.com