[Qgis-user] Storing data to postgis from Qgis

David Kramer davidk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 08:59:21 PST 2014

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 5:24 AM, Jan Michálek <godzilalalala at gmail.com>
wrote:

> In db manager you can import data in new table or add features to an
> existing table.
> Or you can add empty column to a table, select in qgis desktop, open
> atribute table, display selected features on top and edit empty column by
> your atributes.

Hi Jan,

Sorry I'm not following your explanation of editing attribute table. I know
you can db edit tables in QGIS, but I don't see how to get data from a
layer to a row of a db via the db manager interface. I see only four action
icons (screenshot below) namely "refresh", "SQL window", "import
layer/file" and "export to file".

[image: Inline image 1]

I've been playing around with the import function. I can successfully
import a layer into a new table in the db but if I try to import to an
existing table it errors out and tells me that the table already exists. I
obviously don't want to drop the existing table.

Thanks
David