[Qgis-user] DB Manager

ALT SHN i.geografica at alt-shn.org
Sun Feb 2 06:59:55 PST 2014

Hi list,

I've been struggling with DB Manager, and I hope someone can explain me
what the problem is.

I am querying a PostGIS table but when I try to load the SELECT results to
map canvas nothing happens! A simple example:

SELECT * FROM FREGUESIAS_2013 where freguesia ILIKE 'a%'

returns thos message in log winfow:

*Erroneous query: SELECT DISTINCT CASE WHEN
upper(geometrytype("area_ea_ha")) IN
('POINT','MULTIPOINT','POINTM','MULTIPOINTM') THEN 'POINT' WHEN
upper(geometrytype("area_ea_ha")) IN
('LINESTRING','MULTILINESTRING','LINESTRINGM','MULTILINESTRINGM') THEN
'LINESTRING' WHEN upper(geometrytype("area_ea_ha")) IN
('POLYGON','MULTIPOLYGON','POLYGONM','MULTIPOLYGONM') THEN 'POLYGON' END,
st_srid("area_ea_ha") FROM (SELECT *, geom::geometry FROM FREGUESIAS_2013
where freguesia ILIKE 'a%'*
*) AS "subQuery_0" returned 7 [ERROR:  function geometrytype(double
precision) does not exist*
*LINE 1: SELECT DISTINCT CASE WHEN upper(geometrytype("area_ea_ha")) ...*
*                                        ^*
*HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You might
need to add explicit type casts.*
*]*

Now the strange think is that if use this query as a CREATE VIEW, the view
can be added to map canvas! Any hints?

Thanks in advance,

André

*Sociedade de História Natural*