[Qgis-user] Transformation using NTv2 grids

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Wed Feb 5 07:13:03 PST 2014

Hi

>Would it be possible to define a "Custom CRS" for the source CRS containing the
>nadgrids-stuff for doing ntv2 transformation in QGIS 2.0.1?

Yes, it is possible to work with custom CRS (although it is not so
convenient).

>Is this already in 2.1?
>If yes, where could one find it?

There is a dialog showing the available datum transformations. This
dialog shows up as soon as a layer needs a datum transformation (e.g. if
on-the-fly reprojection is toggled or when doing save as'). However, the
ntv2 transformation info has to be inserted into srs.db / table
datum_transform first.

Regards,
Marco