[Qgis-user] How do I register a Google Map?

Mike Keelan tmike.elhoa at comcast.net
Wed Feb 5 09:04:34 PST 2014

Thanks James,

I got through the geo-referencing operation and  it did generate a new
modified layer based on my .jpg.  However the new layer is badly
distorted/stretched, (I used 4 coordinate Garmin GPS reference points),
and it is not in the right location.  I can only find it by zooming to
that layer extent.  I'm wondering if my coordinate data from my Garmin
is consistent with what the geo-referencing program uses?  My Garmin
data is xx.xxxxxx and it uses negative numbers to represent East instead
of West.  Or, might there be an accuracy issue?

I know my Garmin way-point data is good because it overlays on my Ortho
almost perfectly as a separate layer.

Mike K