[Qgis-user] layers have sometimes have to be turned on and, off and on again to show up

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Tue Feb 11 07:01:17 PST 2014

> On 2/10/2014 9:29 AM, qgis-user-request at lists.osgeo.org wrote:
>> Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 20:00:13 -0500
>> From: "Jake Maier"<j.m at jmforestry.com>
>> To:<qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org>
>> Subject: [Qgis-user] layers have sometimes have to be turned on and
>> 	off and	on again to show up
>>
>> Since qgis 1.8, I sometimes have to turn layers on and off and on again,
>> sometime 3 or 4 times, to make them show on the canvas. This is not a
>> consistent problem

I've seen this happen as well. I think it happens both on Windows and
Ubuntu - but certainly on Ubuntu. The issue seems to appear when you
change a layer's visibility in the layer list while the map is still being
rendered. QGIS ignores the change you do while the map is rendering and
thus the user can end up with layers which are deactivated in the layer
list, but still drawn in the map. To fix it, the user has to enable and
disable the layer again.

If someone can confirm this in master, we should open a ticket.

Best wishes,
Anita

--
anitagraser.com