[Qgis-user] QGIS with digitizing board/tablet

Thomas Colley t.colley at neath-porttalbot.gov.uk
Thu Feb 20 23:56:28 PST 2014

Hi Nathan

Thanks for replying. From what I can understand it's just a case of
georeferencing the drawing on the board in the same way as you would a
raster on the screen.

ArcMap takes a text file with at least 4 coordinate pairs from the
drawing on the board that it uses to tie the digitizing area into the on
screen CRS.

So I hope it might be relatively easy to implement a plugin that can
accept these coordinates then apply some sort of shift to any input from
the drawing board.

I'll try and get some more info on how it works in ArcMap.

Thanks again

Tom