[Qgis-user] Text Annotation location Problem

Mike Keelan tmike.elhoa at comcast.net
Sat Feb 22 00:50:22 PST 2014

Hello List,

I'm using a lot of text annotation on my plant survey map.  My problem
occurs when some kind of relocation function wants to optimize the text
box location.  This happens when the map is placed in the print
composer.  The pointer location remains in the same location but the
text boxes are altered in a way that leads me to believe that there is
an algorithm at work attempting to better utilize the space between
objects-mainly other text boxes.  This might be OK except it covers some
important features in the underlying photo.

So, does anyone know of a way to LOCK the annotation boxes to the canvas
that will keep this problem for occurring?

Mike K