[Qgis-user] qgis-bin.exe - Entry Point Not Found

James Wood jwood911 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 22:08:04 PST 2014

Newbie with respect to installing via the OSGeo4W installer. Using the Network 64bit Installer from the downloads page and choosing Desktop Express Setup, the installation completes successfully (QGIS, GDAL, GRASS). When I try to open QGIS Desktop 2.2.0 from my OSGeo4W program group I receive the following error message:

Typing "qgis.bat" from the shell produces the same error.
A quick online search returned some similar error messages which were solved by copying DLLs to the ..\apps\qgis\bin folder, but I'm not sure what to copy if anything given the error message. I'm running Windows 7 SP1, x64, 2.4GHz with 8GB RAM. I previously had QGIS 2.0.1 installed, which I uninstalled before running the OSGeo4W setup.  MSYS, SAGA GIS (2.0.8) and GRASS (6.4.3), which were installed with the setup, all open fine. Any help would be appreciated...

Best Regards,
James