[Qgis-user] Can I re-sequence node ID numbers of a polyline in a shapefile?

Robert Harris harris_robert at windstream.net
Mon Feb 24 20:07:45 PST 2014

I have a polyline I composed of three polylines with copy -- past and
merge in an edit session. If I use Extract Nodes from the line, the
nodes in the attribute table are not sequential from the beginning of
the line to the end. Is there a way to re-sequence the nodes in the
polyline from one end to the other? Is there an equivalent to ArcMap's
"flip" to change the direction of a polyline?

Thanks.