[Qgis-user] GRASS/SAGA in OSGeo4W - not loading

Jonathan Moules jonathanmoules at warwickshire.gov.uk
Tue Feb 25 07:25:44 PST 2014

Hi Both,
   After Victor's email I re-installed and got the same issue. Poking
around in the processing settings I found the problem. They all had their
directories mis-set (my new install went to a different location). Manually
correcting this resolved the issue.

This despite having uninstalled the previous version of QGIS properly (and
it deleted most but not all of my configuration settings).

I'm not sure if this can be considered an issue from from the uninstall or
install. Would it fall under the already open -
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/9217 - or should I open a new ticket?

Thanks for the pointers both!
Jonathan

On 25 February 2014 13:49, Victor Olaya <volayaf at gmail.com> wrote:

> i have just tried the osgeo4w installation, and I have seen that you
> can install both SAGA 2.0.8 and SAGA 2.1.0. Make sure that the version
> that you have selected to be installed, is the same one that is
> configured for Processing. If you install 2.0.8, you should check the
> "Enable SAGA 2.0.8 compatibility" in the Processing options
>
> also, make sure that the path to SAGA is configured correctly. It
> should be configured automatically, but only the first time that you
> run QGIS and it is not configured. If it was already configured from a
> that  C:\QGIS_2.2\apps\saga  folder in your system
>
> I hope this helps.

> > Hi Jonathan,
> >
> > On Tue, 25. Feb 2014 at 12:55:52 +0000, Jonathan Moules wrote:
> >>   I was using the processing toolbox which is what gave me that. I'm not
> >> sure what you mean by determining what dependency is missing. Or what
> >> "internal tools" equates to.
> >
> > QGIS algorithms.
> >

> >> I'll wait for the full stand-alone install, but I can test the OSGeo4W
> one
> >> if you want me to.
> >
> > The installer is made from the osgeo4w packages.  So testing the
> packages will
> > also help the standalone version.  But the standalone installer is made
> from
> > qgis-full.  So if installing all dependencies of qgis-full (the package
> itself
> > contains no files) helps, the standalone installer should be fine too.
> >

> > Jürgen
> >
> > --
> > Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel.
> +49-4931-918175-31
> > Dipl.-Inf. (FH)           Rheinstraße 13            Fax.
> +49-4931-918175-50
> > Software Engineer         D-26506 Norden
> http://www.norbit.de
> > QGIS PSC member (RM)      Germany                      IRC: jef on
> FreeNode
> >
> > --
> > norBIT Gesellschaft fuer Unternehmensberatung und Informationssysteme mbH
> > Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden
> > GF: Jelto Buurman, HR: Amtsgericht Emden, HRB 5502

This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may
contain sensitive or protectively marked material up to RESTRICTED and
should be handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or
authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or
disclose it to anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error
please notify the sender immediately. All email traffic sent to or from us,
including without limitation all GCSX traffic, may be subject to recording
and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.