[Qgis-user] Combine GoogleEarth(OpenLayer) and Semi-Automatic classification

Chris Yesson chris.yesson.phd at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 08:57:24 PST 2014

Hi Milton,

I am looking at extracting local scale habitat information from open layer
images.
At the moment I'm using QGIS to find areas of interest and then an R script
to download a few tiles (as tifs) and then processing these.

Some colleagues at London Zoo went to the last Google "geo for good"
conference, and they tell me that they are developing this sort of
classification within the (commercial) earth engine webtool.

Jonathan is right to raise the issue of rights and permissions, although in
my experience, if you are using these data purely for research purposes
then they will be flexible, but you should seek formal permission before
you try to publish anything.

Also there are daily download limits on these data, but I've not hit them
yet.

- Chris

*Dr Chris Yesson*

*Institute of Zoology, Zoological Society of London*
*& **Department of Life Sciences, Natural History Museum*
*Tel: IoZ - 020 7449 6267; NHM - **020 **7942 5682*

*email: IoZ - chris.yesson at ioz.ac.uk <chris.yesson at ioz.ac.uk>; NHM -
c.yesson at nhm.ac.uk <c.yesson at nhm.ac.uk>**web: http://www.zsl.org/chrisyesson/
<http://www.zsl.org/chrisyesson/>*