[Qgis-user] QGIS 2.0.1: Missing source encoding codecs

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Jan 5 10:08:17 PST 2014

With my QGIS 2.0.1 (release) package, on both OS X 10.7.5 and 10.8.5, I get the full encoding menu, including SJIS.  Dakarto uses the same Qt I think (4.8.5), as well as my frameworks (GDAL).  Maybe there's a bug in QGIS dev, try my release package to see if you still have the problem.

About that homebrew GDAL - are you replacing my GDAL framework with that (does homebrew even have the framework build option for GDAL?)?  Dakarto's QGIS should be using my GDAL framework.  If you're replacing it, maybe something is wrong there, so try restoring my GDAL.  (why replace GDAL?)