[Qgis-user] Plug in installation problem in Qgis2.0

Ser-gio ses1608 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 05:53:41 PST 2014

Hi there,

I've just install QGIS 2.0, before that I've been working with version 1.8.
In general bases works great, however  when I attempt to install some
plug-in, like mmqgis, there is no "get more" option on the plug in manager.
I've been looking on forums like this one: "http://gis.stackexchange
.com/questions/72921/no-get-more-in-plugin-manager-in-qgis-2-ubuntu-13-04"
but thats not the same problem.
I suspect of two things and if there are any of them I've no idea how to
solve it:
1) I can only use qgis running it as sudo. May be it is a permissionsproblem
2) when I run the command "dpkg -l | grep qgis" there is several versions
of libqgis
output:
rc  libqgis1.4.0
1.4.0+12730-5ubuntu2                                Quantum GIS - shared
libraries
ii  libqgis1.8.0
1.8.0-1~precise12                                   Quantum GIS - shared
libraries
ii  libqgis2.0.1
2.0.1-1~precise1                                    QGIS - shared libraries
could be an incompatibility between librarys?

Any idea?

Thanks a lot for any help and thanks for the community

Sergio