[Qgis-user] Related to the development of a help file or documentation of a plugin

Jorge Tornero - Listas jtorlistas at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 03:18:12 PST 2014

Dear all, dear Vishwadeep

*
*I hope this is not a little cross-posting, but,/despite it's not
approved yet/, I've developed a plugin for qgis in which I sort of
implement some help/about info in the way you try to implement it, so
maybe you can take a look to it and perhaps tinker some of the code.

Basically  what i do to show my html help is to create another dialog
and then creating an instance of it when I click a button in the main
dialog of the plugin. In that new dialog, I have a QTabWidget and in
each tab I have a QWebView which shows an html page both for help and
for about. _The trick here is to make those pages availabe in the qrc
(resource) file (This can be done with QtDesigner)__
_
You can check my web page for the plugin in

http://imasdemase.com/programacion-2/qgis-plugin-transectizer/

and the source code repository in

https://github.com/jtornero/transectizer

The ui_about.* files take care of the implementation of the dialog and
the way it is called is inside transectizer.py function simply as:

def about(self):
"""This function just shows the About/help dialog"""
aboutDialog().exec_()

Best regards

Jorge Tornero