[Qgis-user] problem reprojecting some shapefiles

Carlos Cerdán sig.upagu at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 05:07:43 PST 2014

Hi Giacomo

As his name says "Define projection" is used when a layer has not defined
his projection; so in this case I think the right way is to reproject the
path of satellite, from Lat-Long to UTM... but this has a cost in
representation: if your Lat-Long layer represents the whole world, when you
reproject it to UTM, it is terribly "deformed". Try with a world map to see
it.

So maybe it's is better if you cut the satellite layer to fit your interest
area and after it, to reproject to UTM.

Regards

Carlos Cerdan