[Qgis-user] Current version of QGIS

Jonathan Moules jonathanmoules at warwickshire.gov.uk
Wed Jan 22 09:11:51 PST 2014

It occurs to me - this is a prime example of how this numbering system is
confusing to users. Quite a few folks are talking about using 2.1 and how
something is fixed in it, yet the QGIS webpage only has 2.0 on it. I know I
always hate it when projects do that and wonder why they're not keeping
their web-page updated.
What was the reasoning behind using odd numbers for development versions?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_versioning#Odd-numbered_versions_for_development_releases-
suggests that it only works well for long-release cycles which QGIS
doesn't have any more.
Cheers,
Jonathan

On 20 January 2014 14:27, Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings at duif.net> wrote:

> On 20-01-14 15:24, Lester Anderson wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Just a quick query, but what is the current version of QGIS as the
> > forums/discussion refer to a versions 2.1 or 2.2 (as due out soon) -
> > gets a little confusing? The download option is for 2.0.1
>
> Hi Lester,
>
> see http://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/development/index#road-map
>
> Current version is 2.0.1
> 2.1 is the testing/development version
> next stable version will be 2.2
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Duivenvoorde

This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may
contain sensitive or protectively marked material up to RESTRICTED and
should be handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or
authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or
disclose it to anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error
please notify the sender immediately. All email traffic sent to or from us,
including without limitation all GCSX traffic, may be subject to recording
and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.