[Qgis-user] Unchecked layers and groups in qgis-web-client

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Mon Jan 27 00:11:31 PST 2014

Hi Gunnar,

comments below

Am 25.01.2014 16:32, schrieb Gunnar Oehmichen:
> Hi there,
>
> were using QGIS, QGIS-Mapserver (Version: 2.0.1-2+precise1), Apache2 and
> the qgis-web-client.

I think your QWC (qgis-web-client) is a bit outdated, try to update

> The project within the web-client can be found here:
>
> http://biomass.uni-landau.de/qgiswebclient.html?map=../projects/f-w-vr.qgs
>
> We would like the project tree menu to be expanded with all layers
> except one and the wms base-layers to be unchecked as you can see in the
> screenshot from the corresponding .qgs file.

if you want certain layers at startup being visible use the
visibleLayers URL parameter like
http://biomass.uni-landau.de/qgiswebclient.html?map=../projects/f-w-vr.qgs&visibleLayers=baselayers

You could also set GetProjectSettings to true in GlobalOptions.js then
all layers visible in the project are visible in QWC, too

if you want certain tree knots expanded I _think_ you need to do this
yourself with some JavaScript in Customizations.js

some general remarks as this is a publicly available site:
1) use "speaking" layer names and field aliases
2) decide on the language (layer names are in English QWC is in German)
3) check for encoding issues, e.g. Baden Württemberg is not shown properly