[Qgis-user] WFS caching behaviour

Jonathan Moules jonathanmoules at warwickshire.gov.uk
Mon Jan 27 05:59:48 PST 2014

Hi List,
Before I report this one as a bug, I figured I should check.

What's the desired behaviour of the WFS client in QGIS in respect to
caching results versus making new requests.

Example:
WFS server only returns 500 results for any given request. There are 51639
features in the layer.

- If I load the layer using the "Cached" checkbox as ticked, then QGIS only
loads 500 features. Fine.

- If I then add the layer again, but with "cached" unticked, then QGIS only
loads 500 features - but they're 500 different features. Fine.

Except in both cases when I zoom in/out, the features don't change; QGIS
doesn't make new requests. I thought it was supposed to, at least with the
uncached version? Both appear to behaving the exact same way to me.
Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Jonathan

--
This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may
contain sensitive or protectively marked material up to RESTRICTED and