[Qgis-user] CRS and scales

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 04:56:39 PST 2014

Hello Pat,

The data is probably in different CRSs. Setting the CRS of the layers won't
change the data itself, it only asks QGIS to try represent the data in that
specific CRS. If you set it wrong (or if QGIS guess it wrong) the layers
won't be represented at the correct coordinates.

You must find out the the correct CRS of each layer (ask where you get your
data) and set it using Right-click layer > Set Layer CRS.

Now... the minus value of the scale is quite odd, can you send a sample of
your data?

Best regards,

Alexandre Neto