[Qgis-user] item ID/UUID feature in print composer

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Wed Jan 29 05:24:00 PST 2014

Hi Alex,

thanks for this, but I think it is something else. The item ID / UUID
already exists in the print composer since QGIS 1.8 or before. And it is
part of every element of the print composer.

Regards
Otto

Am Wed, 29 Jan 2014 12:46:35 +0000
schrieb Alexandre Neto <senhor.neto at gmail.com>:

> Hello Otto,
>
> I think you are talking about this:
> http://nathanw.net/2013/12/02/waiting-for-qgis-22-highlighting-current-atlas-feature/
>
> Nathan gives some examples of how to use it.
>
> Alexandre Neto
>
> On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 12:21 PM, Otto Dassau <dassau at gbd-consult.de>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to describe the item ID feature in the print composer a
> > little better in the manual. All we have is "With the Item ID you can
> > create a relationship to the other print composer items." and I don't
> > really know what this feature can be used for.
> >
> > Can someone explain and maybe give an example, where the item ID and
> > UUID can be used and are usually for?
> >
> > Thanks a lot
> > Otto

Geoinformatik Büro Dassau - http://www.gbd-consult.de
FOSSGIS consulting , training , support  and analysis
Ackerstrasse 144c  ,  D - 40233 Düsseldorf  , Germany
Tel: +49-(0)211-47468178 , Mobil: +49-(0)171-4687540

--
Community Advisor - QGIS Project Steering Committee