[Qgis-user] item ID/UUID feature in print composer

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Jan 29 05:29:13 PST 2014

Hi Otto,

The ItemID is used for QGIS Server and any potential web client. You can
set an ID on an item (e.g. a map and a label) and then the web client
can send properties to set a property (e.g. label text) for that
specific item.

The GetProjectSettings command lists what items which IDs are available
in a layout.

The UUID I think is use internally by QGIS - but I am not sure about
that and who introduced it.

Andreas