[Qgis-user] [Qgis-user} Editing the attribute table

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Fri Jan 31 00:29:11 PST 2014

Hi Brett,

if all you want to achieve is another name in the attribute dialog and
the attribute table you could set an alias for the field in question, no
need to _change_ the field name in the data source.
this is at least true for QGIS 2.0.1

Am 31.01.2014 09:08, schrieb Andreas Neumann:
> Hi Brett,
>
> Unfortunately not, currently (also not in version 2.0). You have to
> create a new field with the new name, use the field calculator to
> transfer the value and then delete the old column.

the field calulator can also create the field for you, so no need to
create it beforehand

Bernhard

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 9360 (20140130) __________

http://www.eset.com