[Qgis-user] [Qgis-user} Editing the attribute table

Ramon AndiƱach custard at westnet.com.au
Fri Jan 31 01:15:15 PST 2014

On 31/01/2014, at 16:32 , Andreas Neumann wrote:

> Hi Jean,
>
> Yes - sorry. I only read that after I sent my email. Good that a
> solution exists. How does table manager handle this? Does it put the
> renamed columns at the end of the columns.
>
> I remember a discussion that older OGR versions did not support renaming
> of columns - and as QGIS sometime has to support older OGR versions
> there are problems.
>
> Than there is the problem that not all data providers allow
> adding/deleting/renaming columns. I don't know how table manager handles
> this? Does it work with all formats or just shape files?
>
> Often people forget that the GIS world is not shape files only.
>
> Andreas

Hi Andreas,

IIRC, that particular gotcha related particularly to the windows world.
It had to do with changing a file that another application (ie, QGIS) had
open. Most windows people seem pretty good at keeping up with the QGIS
updates, which means they're running fairly new GDALs.

What's got my attention is that Brett just said it worked on a TAB file,
which is not something I was expecting.

-ramon.