[Qgis-user] CRS problems

John Norton john at jnecology.com
Mon Jun 2 07:12:55 PDT 2014

I recently installed v2.2.0 on a Windows 8.1 PC using the standalone 64bit
installer. I can't change the CRS in individual layers in any of the dialogs
for existing or new files, or set a project default. All I see is a dash
(-). Can anyone help? (e.g. go to Settings, Options, CRS - the first two
'Select' boxes show a dash and can't be changed).

Also, when launching the program I get the message "QGIS couldn't find your
GRASS installation. Would you like to specify path (GISBASE) to your GRASS
installation? (If selecting Yes, I don't know what to look for - there is no
directory called GISBASE). There was no option to install or not install
GRASS during set up. However, it does appear in the Plugins list and files
appear to have been installed. Disabling it in the plugins list prevents the
error message. Maybe this is related to the CRS problem? What would I need
to do if I did want to use GRASS?!

I can't find any general info on the web site to do with known problems,
which I'm sure these must be. Should I try installing the 32-bit version?
Many thanks.