[Qgis-user] CRS problems

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Mon Jun 2 07:41:44 PDT 2014

Am 02.06.2014 16:12, schrieb John Norton:
> I recently installed v2.2.0 on a Windows 8.1 PC using the standalone 64bit
> installer. I can't change the CRS in individual layers in any of the dialogs
> for existing or new files, or set a project default. All I see is a dash
> (-). Can anyone help? (e.g. go to Settings, Options, CRS - the first two
> 'Select' boxes show a dash and can't be changed).

This looks like a broken installation.

Uninstall QGIS, and select an installation folder without blanks.
The default "C:\Programs\QGIS Valmiera" might prevent the CRS
synchronisation, and installation of Gisbase.

If this does not help, Try the OSGEO4W64 setup, or give the 32bit setup
a chance. It does work on 64bit Windows too.

HTH,
André Joost