[Qgis-user] Help with action & batch file

Brent Wood pcreso at pcreso.com
Thu Jun 5 20:54:13 PDT 2014

Hi,

I want to run a batch file which does the same thing as a simple bash script, but a few hours of wresling with it & I'm failing miserably (from QGIS v2.2)

Any help appreciated.

In Linux the action command takes 2 parameters from the QGIS action call:
get_catch [ %trip_code% ] [ %station_no%]

Under Windows, catch.bat contains:

@echo off
SET DB=kah1402
SET HOST=host
SET USER=user

SET TRIP=%1
SET STN=%2

start "%TRIP% %STN%" /w "c:\Program Files\Postgresql\9.3\bin\psql.exe -d %DB% -h %HOST% -U %USER% -c "select species, weight from t_catch where trip_code=%TRIP%' and station_no='%STN%' order by weight desc;"

This works perfectly from the cmd.exe command line, eg, running: ".\catch.bat kah1402 33"
returns the correct data in the terminal window - now I want to invoke this from QGIS as an action, getting the parameters from the clicked feature displayed in a new terminal/command window. So far, I have been unable to get a QGIS action to open a command prompt window in Windows at all.

Any suggestions appreciated. There must be a few people out here using QGIS & Windows :-)

Thanks,

  Brent Wood