[Qgis-user] GIS.lab Web 0.4 demo

Ivan Minčík ivan.mincik at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 12:27:05 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 2:35 PM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net>
wrote:

> Hi Ivan,
>
> Your web client looks nice.
>
> Is there a reason why you develop this client in parallel with the other
> two existing web clients - QGIS web client and Lizmap? Why not join the
> resources - you seem to be using the same technology stack (OpenLayers,
> Ext, QGIS server).

Hi Andreas, thanks for your response.
GIS.lab is much more than QGIS and some web client. We are still working on
better explanation on our web site. Also, I will try to explain our plans
in FOSS4G Europe in Bremen -  you are welcome .

At the beginning, we really evaluated usage of QGIS Web Client, but we
finished with decision, that there are so many things which are not
suitable to our needs, that it is much easier to write our own client.

For example, we have some strong requirements of fully automatic
publication of QGIS project in GIS.lab Web without any additional server
configuration. Also, QGIS Web Client is missing some automatic tiles
caching which was also much more easier to implement by our self. Also we
want to implement many specific features, which may not be suitable for
general usage client.

Nevertheless, GIS.lab team is submitting patches to QGIS Desktop.

Ivan

--
Ivan Minčík
ivan.mincik at gmail.com  GPG: 0x79529A1E