[Qgis-user] QGIS Web Client with Google Background Maps works only in EPSG 3857

Markus Weidenbach landconsult at freenet.de
Wed Jun 25 04:05:33 PDT 2014

Dear List,

I am running QWC on a Remote Debian 7 (QWC checkout from GIT HUB on
25.06.2014) and on a local Win 7 (checkout in Marc 2014) computer.

I would like to publish my QGIS projects in its original CRS, which is
EPSG 31467 together with the Google Satellite/Street Background Maps.
So, I changed the "var authid" in the GlobalOption.js from 3857 to 31467
(and I also added the missing EPSG31467 record to the libs/proj4js/defs).

After many attempts, I found that the Background Maps work only when you
set  var authid="EPSG"+3857 in GlobalOptions.js.

Consequently I can publish QGIS projects in EPSG31647 after switching
the "var authid" to EPSG 31467 only if I switch off the Google
Background Maps (in GlobalOptions.js with var enableBGMaps = false;) at
the same time.

Can anybody confirm this?
Or is there a setting to tell the Background Maps to transform
automatically into the EPSG given in the "authid" variable?

Thanks for any comments.

Markus

N.B.
I know, that I could save my QGIS projects in EPSG3857 to publish them
in QWC together with the Background Maps, but then I am loosing the
original coordinates and this also leads to some geometrical inaccuracies.

--
Dr. Markus Weidenbach
*landConsult.de*