[Qgis-user] QWC strange behaviour of Zoom and Pan functions if authid=EPSG31467 and problems with long directory paths in qgis-mapserver

Markus Weidenbach landconsult at freenet.de
Fri Jun 27 00:08:30 PDT 2014

Dear List,

I am running the QGIS Web Client (checkout from GIT HUB on 25.06.14) and
QGIS Webserver 2.2.0 on Debian 7.
In GlobalOptions.js I set the authid variable to 31467 and I am
publishing only data in that projection ( I also disabled Google Maps in
GlobalOptions.js).
Everything works fine, but the ZOOM and the PAN function in QWC behave
strange, in fact it is almost impossible to zoom or pan to a selected spot.
You can test it yourself on
http://188.138.88.141/qgis-web-client/site/qgiswebclient.html?map=/home/wbv/Untersuchungsgebiet_GK3_2.qgs
or
http://188.138.88.141/qgis-web-client/site/qgiswebclient.html?map=/var/www/qgis-web-client/projects/test_GK3.qgs

Any idea whats wrong here?
If I switch the QWC back to EPSG3857 the ZOOM/PAN works normal.

Another problem I encountered is the fact, that the webserver is not
reading shapefiles which use a very long directory path.
e.g. the shape
/var/www/qgis-web-client/projects/wbv/wbv-geodaten/shape/ugebiet/teilgebiet_nord_1km_kacheln.shp
is not listet in the GetCapabilities request (see
http://188.138.88.141/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&map=/var/www/qgis-web-client/projects/Untersuchungsgebiet_GK3.qgs).

But after copying the same shape to /home/wbv/wbv-geodaten/nord.shp
(together with the corrected *.qgs) this layer is listet in the
GetCapabilities request (see
http://188.138.88.141/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&map=/home/wbv/Untersuchungsgebiet_GK3_2.qgs)

and is also displayed in the QWC (see
http://188.138.88.141/qgis-web-client/site/qgiswebclient.html?map=/home/wbv/Untersuchungsgebiet_GK3_2.qgs).

Is there a limit of characters for paths or shapefile names used in the
QGIS *.qgs file that affects the qgis-mapserver?

Thanks for your comments.

Markus

--
Dr. Markus Weidenbach