[Qgis-user] Symbology Export

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Mar 11 11:08:42 PDT 2014

Jonathan Moules <jonathanmoules at ...> writes:

> Hi Andreas,Thanks for further testing. I figured if something as simple as
a fill wasn't implemented then catogorisation probably wouldn't be.

> A further thought - not all vector formats support styling (shapefile
being the most notable exception). Should it remain a general option or be
moved to "Datasource Options" for any supported style?

> I lean towards the later option myself.

Well, shapefiles may not support styling or then they do. Read page 15 of
the document
http://latuviitta.org/documents/Geospatial_PDF_maps_from_OSM_with_GDAL.pdf
There I show how it is possible to use OGR_STYLES with shapefiles and
convert the result into a geospatial PDF map.

I would rather say that only a few software support styling vector data with
OGR_STYLES.

-Jukka Rahkonen-