[Qgis-user] raster toolbar issue

Sam Marginson Sam.Marginson at aecom.com
Mon May 5 20:24:40 PDT 2014

Hi, I’m new here.  Go easy on me please!

One of the features that I like about ArcMap is that you can set it up so
that rasters change their symbology based on your view extent.  I’m trying
to set QGIS up to do the same thing but having some issues.  I can do it
through the raster properties but not the toolbar.

When I press the “Local Histogram Stretch” button, nothing happens.  But
then again, none of the buttons on the toolbar seem to work, so I’m
wondering if there’s a bigger problem here.  When I right-click on the
raster in the Layers window & hit "Stretch Using Current Extent" nothing
happens either, so I'm wondering whether it's looking for something that's
not there.

Like I mentioned, I have ArcMap, so I'm wondering whether I have the wrong
version of Python for QGIS, or if there's some other programming issue at
play, like a missing library or something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.