[Qgis-user] processing upgrade broken

Neil B osgeo+qgis at benneb.ca
Thu May 8 21:50:22 PDT 2014

Hi,

I ran across this problem when updating the plugins on my linux system and
saw a similar error on my Windows system. This is the solution I found on
the internet:

Go into Processing->Options and Configuration
In the Providers->Saga section turn off 2.0.8 compatibility.

This is a little difficult when the plugin doesn't load and you can't
access the menu.

Just go into this file ~/.qgis2/processing/processing.conf and change this line:

   SAGA_208=True

   SAGA_208=False

This fix allowed the Processing plugin to load and also allowed other
plugins to be installed that were failing on the "no module named
qgis.QGISAlgorithmProvider" error.

I've only tried this so far on my linux system but suspect the same
fix will also solve the issue on my Windows system.

Hope this helps.

~Neil B.