[Qgis-user] Integrate GRASS module as QGIS-Plugin

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu May 8 22:56:10 PDT 2014

Il 08/05/2014 23:32, Martin Zbinden ha scritto:

> I like the approach to use GRASS shell  and modules through QGIS.
> I am creating some tool for GIS-beginners to calculate locale erosion
> risk. Is it possible to integrate a button in the plugin toolbar which
> directly calls the GRASS module interface respectively the one from
> GRASS plugin?

I think the easiest it to add it to Processing. Then you have the additional
advantage of tapping from other tolls (e.g. SAGA could help here).

> Best would be a possibility to install this grass module through QGIS
> extension manager. And a  button to visualise the result map in QGIS..

AFAIK extension manager has some issues; not easy to have it working reliably on all
major operating systems.

All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu