[Qgis-user] QGIS - 2.2.0-8 Valmiera - Mac OS X.9 - Slow Display/Edit Performance

marsofearth marsofearth at gmail.com
Sat May 10 20:02:00 PDT 2014

Hello,

I just upgraded my system to a new Mac Pro and installed the latest QGIS
2.2.0 for Mac.

I am finding the performance very very slow.  I seem to remember QGIS being
much faster than ArcGIS but as of right now it is nearly unusable.
Digitizing new features is close to impossible.  I have to use my iPad to
digitize polygons from GPS tracks as I simply can not get it done on my new
mac pro and qgis.

I have installed all of Williams latest required frameworks, all required
files are installed and working fine.  Just a really slow display with
beach-balls lasting 15-30s every point digitized or map move.

Is this new, known or abnormal?

I dread going through all the hoops of installing my license of ArcGIS 9.3
and seem to remember geoprocessing to be much much faster with QGIS tools.

I hope there is just a quick known issue i can fix.

Thank You!

Mars