[Qgis-user] Security problems with QGIS?

Bob and Deb bobdebm at gmail.com
Wed May 14 12:08:25 PDT 2014

Hello all,

I’m hoping that someone can help me with a problem I’m having with QGIS.  It
seems that web services  and plugin updates does not work.  I just looked
at the event log you and saw a bunch of QGIS related events that shows that
CSAgent is blocking QGIS.  These are some of the log entries:

   - The process '\\xxxx\OSGeo4W\OSGeo4Wtest\bin\qgis-bin.exe' (as user
   xxxx\xxxx) attempted to access the registry key
   '\REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography\RNG', value 'Seed'. The
   attempted access was a write (operation = WRITE/VALUE). The operation was
   denied.
   - The process '\\xxxx\OSGeo4W\OSGeo4Wtest\bin\qgis-bin.exe' (as user
   xxxx\xxxx) attempted to access the registry key
   '\REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-xxxxx\Software\Trolltech\OrganizationDefaults\Qt
   Plugin Cache 4.7.false\O:\OSGeo4Wtest\apps\Qt4\plugins\imageformats', value
   'qgif4.dll'. The attempted access was a write (operation = WRITE/VALUE).
   The operation was denied.
   - The current application '\\xxxx\OSGeo4W\OSGeo4Wtest\bin\qgis-bin.exe'
   (as user xxxx\xxxx) attempted to execute the new application
   '\\xxxx\OSGeo4W\OSGeo4Wtest\apps\msys\bin\cat.exe'. The operation was
   denied.

What can I do to solve this problem?

Bob