[Qgis-user] QGIS - Android ** still need help installing

h hdixon at bigpond.net.au
Wed May 14 21:33:12 PDT 2014

On Tue, 13 May 2014 18:06:25 -0700 (PDT)
Steve G <stevenlgolden at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have installed QGIS for Android on a couple of Asus devices and a
> Samsung SIII.  Based on my previous experience (although I haven't
> installed in a while), you have to install the nightly build.  Also
> make sure that you have Ministro installed before installing QGIS for
> Android (I can't recall now, but I think it prompts you if don't
> already have it installed).  I have version 9.6.8 installed (this is
> Ministro II by BogDan Vatra in the Android Play Store).
>
> It would be helpful for others if you are successful installing and
> report back.  I am not sure this is the "exact" forum for posting,
> but since its sort of part of the QGIS ecosystem, I think it is fine.
>
> Steve
>

> --

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the reply.  I had had the thought that I may be missing QT
libraries or something, so pointing me to Ministro was helpful.
The QGIS install process had not raised that Ministro was missing.  I
have since installed it (version 9.6.8) and still get the same error
when installing QGIS.

I download the nightly build;
I see the privacy / access information and I press Install;
The screen says QGIS, "Installing..." with a moving blue bar across
the screen;
After a minute or so, the message "Installing..." changes to "xApp not
installed";
A done button at the bottom of the screen is my only option.

If anyone could help, or direct me to other sources who can help me
install QGIS, that would be great!!!

TIA
Hugh