[Qgis-user] Topology Checker Plugin

stu at truenorthgis.net stu at truenorthgis.net
Thu May 15 22:26:52 PDT 2014

Hello,

I have a shapefile with 98,000+ polygons.  The Arcmap "Check Geometry" tool reports that many of those polygons have "incorrect ring ordering".

However, using the same shapefile, when I use the QGIS 2.2 Topology Checker Plugin with the "must not have invalid geometries" option, zero errors were found.

Apparently the Topology Checker Plugin does not check for incorrect ring ordering.  This brings up my question: just what does the Topology Checker Plugin look for?  The online help lists only some of the possible rules, not all of  them.  Is there a complete list somewhere?

Thanks, Stu