[Qgis-user] QGIS better than ArcGIS for print layouts

SIT delle Riserve Naturali di Legambiente Sicilia sit at legambienteriserve.it
Mon May 19 01:09:04 PDT 2014

I think that QGIS v. 2.x is very better in mapping than previous
version, but Ithink too that it needs to improve management of simbols
in legend.
However, Great QGIS!!

Tata Livreri
Il 17/05/2014 10:50, Paolo Cavallini ha scritto:
> A pleasure to read:
> http://blog.najackson.com/2014/05/final-edits-on-a-vintage-themed-map-in-qgis/
>
> " I have decided to stick with QGIS since it has more ability for you to manipulate
> your map inside of the map composer, and truthfully ArcGIS just doesn’t have a lot of
> these functions"
>
> "the most recent releases of QGIS 2.x it has made it easier to accomplish. If I had
> to perform this mapping task with only ArcGIS as my GIS program, I would have to
> spend a LOT of time in Adobe Illustrator to get a reasonable final product"
>
> Happy free mapping.

Legambiente Comitato Regionale Siciliano
Ufficio Gestione Riserve
Sistema Informativo Territoriale
tel 0916262697 - 0906264139
www.legambienteriserve.it