[Qgis-user] GDAL extension, filegdb, in QGIS

john polo jpolo at mail.usf.edu
Tue May 20 08:24:46 PDT 2014

I know this has been asked before and I have read a few threads about
this, but I still can't figure out what to do. I am using a 64 bit
Windows 7 machine. I have uninstalled and reinstalled QGIS via the
Advanced Install from OSGEO. I selected the library for filegdb to
install with QGIS (2.2). I have a gdb saved from ArcGIS 10.1. I select
Add Vector>Directory and under type there is no option for ArcGIS gdb or
whatever it should say. I browse to the gdb anyway and select it and
then QGIS tells me that the file is an invalid data source.

I checked Settings>Options>GDAL and I don't see filegdb in the list. I
checked GDAL_DRIVER_PATH and the path goes straight to the directory
with ogr_FileGDB.dll. It appears the that library is installed, but QGIS
is still not using it to recognize gdb. I am not sure what to do, so I
would welcome any possible suggestions.

John