[Qgis-user] Importing open street map .osm files

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Tue May 27 08:12:51 PDT 2014

Am 27.05.2014 04:14, schrieb Alex Mandel:

> http://docs.qgis.org/2.2/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/supported_data.html#openstreetmap-data

I wonder why this page is still around in the 2.2 docs:
<http://docs.qgis.org/2.2/en/docs/user_manual/osm/openstreetmap.html>

It describes the old Openstreetmap plugin, which had to be replaced when
OSM node IDs had hit the 32bit limit.

> Though this is only one of many ways to deal with osm data.
>
> If you prefer a pre-filtered version you can download shapefiles from:
> http://download.geofabrik.de/

This is only useful with QGIS for the smaller areas. The larger files
should be filled directly into a Postgis database with osm2pgsql.

Another choice is to use GDAL to populate a spatialite db outside of
QGIS, or use Add vector layer inside QGIS (again only useful for small
areas).

Greetings,
André Joost