[Qgis-user] Importing open street map .osm files

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Tue May 27 08:27:13 PDT 2014

Andre,
the example about way with id=204549674 [1] reported in the issue is a good
one. The downloaded OSM contains the way and all its nodes, but it isn't
passed to the polylines layer.
How would you ask the Overpass API to download also the nodes of the ways
that are made by the nodes in a certain bbox without hitting against
recursion?

Martin suggested something like
http://overpass-api.de/api/interpreter?data=(node(14.3833,104.638,14.4167,104.706);way(bn);node(w););out
;
It works because it's a small area, and Overpass can support it, but if you
enlarge the bbox it will fail...

giovanni

[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/204549674

> Am 27.05.2014 10:22, schrieb G. Allegri:
>
>  Mmm, this is strange. I've had some problems with lines missed during the
>> Spatialite lines creation (third phase) but never with missing lines from
>> the Overpass API, which is what the plugin uses to download data.
>> This also happens for the test area used for the issue.
>>

> A line might be missing if you did not laod all nodes that are part of the
> line. This is configurable with the Overpass API, but you have no control
> on it with the OSM plugin or the direct export function on the webpage.
>
> HTH,
> André Joost

Giovanni Allegri
http://about.me/giovanniallegri